Monday, January 22, 2007

Mumbai Marathon 2007 - II

In my last post I mentioned that I was there at the event. Actually, I walked the half marathon distance on the finishing side. I went ten and half kilometres and returned. That was the reason I could see all the winners of half marathon and full marathon. I spoke to Mr. Vijay Kumar Tendulkar, BIB No. 502 who completed in 4 hours 13 minutes and 54 seconds and walked along with him for some time.

This time I walked the half marathon distance without any preparation. At around 15 kms, I stated having pain in the buttock. Luckily, it cleared off by 12 noon on Monday and I attended the office without any problem on Monday. This experience will certainly motivate to plan full marathon in January 2008.

Somebody told me that the distance from ground to Tirumala in Tirupati is 21 kilometres. It that is so, every day thousands of persons must be completing half marathon every day, in a well organized permanent set up. It could probably become a world record for half marathon finishers if we start collecting statistics.

Partial results of the race are available on http://www.bcdaaa.org/mim2007.htm.

KVSSNrao

No comments: