Monday, April 24, 2006

Full Marathon Training - 16 Miles - 23rd April 2006

I completed the training run of 16 miles on sunday 23rd April 2006. I wanted to run at a pace of 14 minutes per mile. But it took much longer time. I started actual running at 6.45 a.m.. I stopped at 11.30 a.m.. Till 9th mile I could run cleanly with 2 walk breaks per mile. From 10th to 13 miles I did 50% running and 50% walking. From 14th mile it was walking only. One can take comfort from Jeff Galloway's comment that stamina improves irrespective of speed. I did some stairs climbing during the run as this time I went to my house after every two miles to have some gatorade. Surprisingly, I did not have any significant pain in the legs at the end of the run. Of course I took leave on Monday and stayed at home for the full day. Galloway says that by slowing down, one can recover faster and avoid injuries during training for long runs.

Today, tuesday, 25th April 2006, I did stairs climbing. I did 12 rounds of 7 stairs alternating between regular climbing and two step climbing. Now I look forward to the next long run. I plan to do 20 miles on 14th May.

No comments: