Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Comments on Mumbai Marathon on www.rediff.com

12-2-2006

My comments on Mumbai Marathon appeared on www.rediff.com

Page: http://mboard.rediff.com/board/board.php?boardid=sports2006jan16msg&page=3

Subject: I ran the Mumbai Marathon

I ran the half marathon in 2 hours and 36 minutes. The certificate says 25 in my age class. I am just short of 50 years. The organisers must have published the full list of persons who completed the full marathon and half marathon. For the recent Singapore Marathon, the full lists are available on the net.

For a marathon event, the number of persons who complete the marathon, and the number of persons who completed marathon for the first time are important information. More and more marathons are organized to create more and more marathon runners. But unfortunately all the media coverage is being given to the top three or four athletes forgetting the new entrants into the marathon club. I hope this neglect is recognised by the organisers and the media.

Narayana Rao

Posted by K.V.S.S. Narayana Rao on 03-FEB-06

No comments: